Monday, June 22, 2015

Heiße Schokolade und Mozart Requiem

This past weekend was relaxing and we got into the Viennese lifestyle by sitting in a cafe for a long time. It was also pretty rainy and cold which is some of my favorite type of weather, I love it! On Friday we ate at a very Viennese restaurant where they had the best sauerkraut ever. Sauerkraut in America is just not the same, I don't know why they bother to try but here it is my favorite thing. On Saturday it was cold and rainy but that didn't stop us from going out and seeing Mozart's Requiem! I love his Requiem so so much, I first really learned about it when I sang in a choir a few summers ago and we sang a few movements from it. The Requiem was composed in Vienna in 1791 and Mozart actually died before he could finish it. It is a very emotional musical work with beautiful lyrics in Latin. The concert was incredible and the acoustics in the Karlskirche made the choir sound so angelic. It was performed by the choir and soloists of the Salzburg Concert Society and the Orchestra 1756, using period instruments. It was so beautifully performed and so far it is my favorite concert that I have been to. If you aren't familiar with Mozarts Requiem I strongly suggest you go take a listen. Today we are off to Schönbrunn palace to start the week off. 








1 comment:

  1. You are doing Vienna right! Lingering cafe visits mit heisse schokolade, music in the Karlskirche - doesn't get better than that.

    ReplyDelete