Thursday, May 21, 2015

Ich liebe Wien!

So...where to start. Vienna is everything I imagined it would be, and more! Wow. I feel like I am walking through a painting all the time because seriously it is so beautiful. When we arrived yesterday we had a quick tour of parts of Vienna and then checked in to the Amerika-Institute where I will have classes. Some highlights of where we went yesterday and today were the Burggarten, the Austrian National Library, the Naschmarkt, the Mariahilferstrasse, the Wiener Staatsoper, and Vapiano. Yesterday and today I was able to learn a lot about the public transportation here. It was incredibly intimidating at first but I am already starting to get the hang of it. Then again, I thought I knew where I was going at one point and discovered a whole new section of the U-Bahn that I didn't know existed! It will come with time I am sure. I also had my very first wienerschnitzel!!! So good! I have a really great group that I am here with, everyone is so fun. We all have gone down a nostalgic path back to the age of flip phones! I'm weirdly so excited about this and it actually makes me miss having one as my normal phone. It's great though because now we all have Austrian phone numbers and are able to easily communicate with one another. The only thing that is a little stressful at this point is still the public transportation at times and ordering food/talking to people in stores in German. But, both are easy fixes as it will all get easier as time goes on. I love my host and I have a great roommate. We share a cute room and also live with a Hungarian which, naturally, I was so excited about!!! That is all I can think of for now, so much has happened and I'm sure there's more but I am still jet lagged and should try to get on a regular schedule. I have my first organ lesson on Tuesday which I am so excited about! 

Tschüss!









1 comment:

  1. GREAT pictures! I'm so happy you are having fun from day one!

    ReplyDelete