Thursday, May 28, 2015

The pizza struggle

I guess every study abroad ends up having at least one interesting food experience. Ours was today! We went to a pizza shop and thought we'd try the mozzarella pizza, sounded great. Not so fast. It was the messiest pizza of all my life. Scott and I did our best to not get covered in pizza but seriously, it was quite the struggle. I'm not sure the picture even does it justice, this pizza was like half liquid and when you picked up a piece, almost everything fell off. We sat down on a bench and when we opened the box we both just laughed because man I've never seen such liquified pizza before but, nonetheless it still tasted great. As you can see, the struggle didn't end there but only continued when we attempted to throw the box out. We finished up by having some struggle free ice cream!!




A highlight from this week was that I had my first organ lesson! The Jesuitskirche is so beautiful, I can hardly believe I am having lessons there. My teacher is very talented and intelligent. The language barrier is a bit hard at times but he is extremely knowledgable about the organ. We worked on improvisation which was a new experience for me. I had always thought of it as really intimidating before and had no idea how to start, so that was fun to try. We started working on a new piece and I also played some pieces that I was familiar with for him. I also got a practice organ figured out so that was a relief. I'm going to practice at one of the LDS chapels and it's great because the missionaries just let me into the building in the mornings and I'm able to get a lot done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment